When you place the right materials in the right container, it benefits you and your community and protects the environment. When you place the wrong materials in a recycling container, it can contaminate otherwise good recyclables, injure workers and result in additional charges to your account. Waste Management can refuse to pick up containers containing unacceptable materials, which may result in a contamination charge.
- For tips on recycling at home, watch this video.
- For tips on recycling at the office, watch this video.
Make the promise to Recycle Often. Recycle Right.® Doing just these three things will make a huge difference.
- Recycle all empty bottles, cans, paper and cardboard
- Keep food and liquids out of your recycling
- Keep plastic bags out of your recycling
For more information, visit Recycle Often. Recycle Right.®
Read up on these recycling myths and spread the word to your friends and family.